Hyde Park School is a ministry of Hyde Park Baptist Church, and as such holds to its confession of faith and an historical, biblical Christian worldview. It seeks to give instruction to children and youth from a strictly biblical framework that is, at the core, Christ-centered.
To this end, we affirm the following as true:
1. [The Word of God] We believe that only the sixty-six books of Holy Scripture as originally given are in their entirety the Word of God verbally inspired and wholly without error in all that they declare and, therefore, are the supreme and final authority of faith and life and is faithfully represented in many of the translations available today.
2. [Nature of the Trinity] We believe there is one true God, a divine and infinite being, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – all are one in substance, divine essence, power, and eternity. They each possess equally all the attributes of Deity and characteristics of personality.
3. [Creation] We believe in the beginning God created the entire universe out of nothing, that He proclaimed it very good, and that He created it to glorify Himself.
4. [Lostness of man] We believe man and woman were uniquely created in the image of God, that as a consequence of their sin all people became spiritually separated from God and subject to judgment and eternal separation from God in hell, are unable to save themselves, and need to be reconciled to God.
5. [Person of Christ] We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, fully God and fully man. We believe in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His death on the cross, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
6. [Atonement] We believe the Lord Jesus Christ, by His perfect obedience and sacrifice of Himself on the cross, has fully satisfied the justice of God, has secured, with His blood, reconciliation, and has purchased an everlasting inheritance in the kingdom of heaven for His people.
7. [Salvation] We believe salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone through His finished work of atonement on the cross. A person is saved from the consequence of their sin when they are convicted of their sin and respond in repentance to God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. This salvation is a merciful work of God, providing forgiveness and righteousness and eternal life for the saved sinner. A saved person is made new and indwelt by the Holy Spirit, is empowered by the Holy Spirit to be obedient to God and to glorify Him, and will dwell eternally with God.